Clinic of Pediatric Surgery
Tel: +374 11 62 10 21, +374 60 62 15 22, +374 60 62 15 26
The clinic was founded in 1961 in “Muratsan” hospital. In 1961-1965 the first head of the clinic was Professor Andrey B. Gevorgyan.
In 1965-1972, the clinic was headed by Professor Emma S. Martikyan, and in 1972-1998 – Professor Albert A. Vanyan.
Then the pediatric surgery clinic was moved to the Pediatric Hospital N1.
In 2011, a clinic was re-opened at YSMU “Muratsan” hospital complex, and since then is headed by Honorary Pediatric Surgeon of RA Avet A. Aslanyan.
The clinic has 12 beds. Over 600 newborns and children, who need emergency medical care are treated here. Some of the surgeries are performed laparoscopically.
Pediatric Surgery Clinic has highly trained medical staff. The specialists have been trained in leading clinics of the Russian Federation, France, Greece and the USA.
The clinic is the educational base for the Department of Pediatric Surgery of YSMU.
Scientific researches of the following directions are performed in the clinic:
- The cause of neonatal birth defects
- Different types of purulent omphalitis in newborns
- Burn disease of newborns (in cooperation with reanimation clinic)
- Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis in children
- Surgical pathology in endocrine patients
The clinic cooperates with:
- All outpatient and inpatient medical centers in the Republic of Armenia
- Urgent Pediatric Surgery Scientific Research Institute (Moscow)
- Armenian Association of Doctors (Washington, AAHAGW),
- “Timon” Pediatric Clinic (Marseille)